Monday, May 28, 2018

Korean Street Food and More....
2nd Week in Korea
It has been almost 2 weeks now since I arrived in Korea.  It has been an energizing and exploration filled days meeting family members, taking more drumming lessons, shopping and of course, eating delicious and fabulous Korean Street Food and more!

My love for Korean food started with various street foods and snack foods in Korea.  There is an abundance of street food in the streets of Seoul and surrounding neighborhoods.  It is almost too much at times, but I realize how important food and eating meals is, especially eating with family and friends and enjoying good food.  All my meetings and gatherings with family and friends revolved around meeting for lunch or dinner and everyone took so much time and thought to figure out places to host me.
Mrs. Baik drove me to Bukhansan area, the northern most mountains in Seoul and treated me to a fabulous Korean traditional BBQ lunch with lots of traditional and pickled vegetables.
My uncles and aunts always asked me what I like to eat and what I prefer, whether it is meat dishes or noodles, or Chinese food or Korean cuisine, etc.
I have been spoiled and treated so well here....and of course, I have explored on my own to taste different types of snacks and food along the crowded and dynamic streets.
I hope you enjoy some of the photos of the deliciousness!

No comments: