Sunday, June 24, 2007

Trip to Daegu











Marc and I got a chance to get out of Suwon and visit a city in the Southeast part of Korea. Daegu is the third largest city in Korea and located approximately 3 hours from Seoul by car. We took the regional train, Saemaeul Ho, from Suwon station to Daejun (about 1 hour) and then transferred to the KTX (Korea High Speed Train) to Daegu (45 minutes). The KTX was definitely fast, almost 300 Kilometers an hour.


Marc had to visit Keimyung University to explore exchange programs with UWM. So, of course, I went along too, and really enjoyed exploring the Keimyung U. campus. It was voted the prettiest campus in Korea.

We arrived one day before the campus visit, so we had some time to explore Daegu area. We used public transport, bus, subway, and taxi and we enjoyed the trip to Daegu very much. We decided to take an express bus (quite fast but you have to watch out for some unfriendly bus drivers!) to a provincial park outside of the city. Palgongsan means 8 peaks mountain and we were quite impressed with this park. We did not have too much time to do any major hiking but we did visit a famous temple area on top of one of the peaks. Donghwasa was gorgeous! See for yourself....




2 comments:

Kate said...

I enjoyed your Korea travels. I too have traveled to Korea. You can check out my blog at www.moonfun.net. On the right, I have posted my travel journals including my trip to Korea. I am also from Milwaukee, but I live in New York now.

Saehee said...

HI Kate,

Thanks for reading my blog. I love visiting my country but not sure if i want to live there for a long period of time. Thanks for your interesting blog stories on Korea.

Glad to know someone who knows what Korea is like.

Saehee